FEB Austin, TX
RES' Shalini Ramanathan, VP Origination, will be a panelist for Infocast's ERCOT Market Summit on "Utility-Scale Solar in Texas" on Feb. 28 at 4:30 pm CST.
The Texas market is solar resource rich, and 5-8 GW of Solar growth is expected in the near- to mid-term. This panel will explore the drivers and challenges for the utility-scale solar in Texas:
- How is the development community tackling the Texas market?
- Commonalities and differences between wind and solar development in Texas
- How do you deal with risks in the market?
- Will we see a stratification of developers in the market?
- What are the biggest unknowns and risks and what are the strategic remedies?
- Creative types of partnering, co-development and virtual PPAs
- How do you distinguish projects? Terminal value, tax equity and financial strategies
- Is Solar Merchant on the horizon?.
Moderator and other panelists include:
Moderator: Nicholas Steckler, Analyst US Power Markets, BLOOMBERG NEW ENERGY FINANCE
- Charlie Hemmeline, Executive Director, TEXAS SOLAR POWER ASSOCIATION
- Colin Meehan, Director, Regulatory and Public Affairs, FIRST SOLAR
Spivey Paup, Director of Development, RECURRENT ENERGY